The world is going through a very scary time right now, with global markets in a complete panic -- with freefall events happening, which have pushed Bitcoin and virtually all other cryptocurrencies off a cliff.
Just overnight, Bitcoin (BTC) has seen a 40% change in its price -- where it enjoyed 2020 highs of just over $10,000 -- but overnight it has dropped to its knees and down to $4564 (at the time of writing) -- representing a 40.72% drop in its price. Even when Bitcoin was down 26% it represented the largest sell-off of BTC in over 7 years.
Altcoins aren't safe from this, with cryptocurrencies like Ethereum (ETH) dropping by an even larger 44%, down to just $105 from its 2020 highs of $284.
The entire cryptocurrency market is looking like the stock market right now -- a sea of red. Check out this list of cryptocurrencies and their 24-hour movement. We're down an average of 40% across the board from everything from Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) through to NEO, Zcash, Dogecoin, and others.
- Bitcoin helps track down a massive pedophile ring
- US box office: worst in 25 years, since the release of Outbreak
- R.E.M.'s 'It's The End Of The World As We Know It' is back on charts
- $310 million worth of Bitcoin moved to unknown wallet for only $0.32c
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080: August 2020 reveal, launch at Computex 2020
- > NEXT STORY: Apple stock dives: over $300 billion wiped so far, no end in sight
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Super Mario Legos let you create your own interactive game stages