Sucker Punch's new stylish cinematic samurai game Ghost of Tsushima releases on June 26, 2020, Sony today announced.
The Ghost of Tsushima's revenge-fueled quest is coming in just four months, and will bring with it yet another superlative showcase of Sony's first-party power. Today Sucker Punch revealed a June 2020 release date and also dropped an incredible trailer that sets a somber, bloody, and ultimately captivating tone for the game.
Most of the footage was cinematic sequences--the facial animations are amazing--but there was some gameplay thrown in there too. Ghost of Tsushima reminds me a lot of a clunkier version of a samurai Tenchu, complete with engrossing dialog sequences. The title looks to be an experience rather than a simple game.
Like The Last of Us Part II, expect Ghost of Tsushima to push the PlayStation 4 Pro to its limits and utilize every ounce of power the current-gen system has. The game is probably getting optimized for PlayStation 5 with forward-compatibility enhancements and upgrades but nothing has been confirmed just yet.
Sucker Punch also revealed three special editions, including the $70 digital deluxe and physical special editions, as well as the $170 collector's edition that comes with a special samurai mask.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 04:34 pm CDT
- New Ghost of Tsushima footage is all about samurai slaughter
- PlayStation 5 may play thousands of PS4 games at launch
- Xbox Series X may be more powerful, but will third-party devs use it?
- Here's a list of all cross-platform games, now that the PS4 joins in
- PlayStation 5 backward compatibility should support every PS4 game
- > NEXT STORY: Cheaper next-gen Xbox Lockhart could be revealed very soon
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Coronavirus may kill major game events like E3 for good