SpaceX is wanting to raise another $250 million in new funding according to CNBC, with the new cash seeing Elon Musk's space-venturing company worth around $36 billion.
The $36 billion valuation is a $2.5 billion increase in the last time the reported valuation came in, with Elon Musk seeing SpaceX injected with around $1.33 billion across 2019 from 3 different rounds of fundraising. SpaceX has rounded up $3 billion or so in funding over the years, but it's no wonder as it continues to push the boundaries of technology and dominate beyond our pale blue dot.
NASA awarded SpaceX over $3.1 billion to develop the Crew Dragon capsule that the company built to take astronauts to the International Space Station, with Musk saying SpaceX has spent "hundreds of millions of dollars" of its own funds to develop Crew Dragon.
CNBC expects the new round of funding for SpaceX to close next month.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 04:35 pm CDT
- SpaceX and Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk is 'cash poor'
- Elon Musk: NASA is free to share SpaceX IP with 'anyone it wants'
- SpaceX files documents to launch 30,000 satellites into space
- Elon Musk asks SpaceX employees not to be on drugs while at work
- Elon Musk will bring a SpaceX Starship manufacturing plant to LA
- > NEXT STORY: TikTok influencers can make up to $1 million per post
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Hot Wheels unveils RC Tesla Cybertruck, includes cracked window vinyl