Qualcomm unveiled its Snapdragon 855 processor in late 2018, refreshing it in mid-2019 with the Snapdragon 855+ processor and then the company unveiled its new flagship Snapdragon 865 in December 2019 and now rumors of the suped-up Snapdragon 865+ are already surfacing.
ASUS was one of the first to use the faster Snapdragon 855+ processor in its ROG Phone II smartphone, which was an overclocked Snapdragon 855 with 15% more performance from its Adreno 640 GPU that helped drive up to 90FPS on the ASUS ROG Phone II gaming smartphone.
What should we expect from Qualcomm's upgraded Snapdragon 865+ processor should be very similar -- even more performance from an already kick ass processor. We've already seen 120Hz capable smartphones revealed, with a recent boost in 120Hz capable phones in Samsung's new Galaxy S20 range of handsets -- but I'm sure we'll see ASUS reveal its ROG Phone III and Razer with its gaming-focused Phone III later this year both rocking the Snapdragon 865+ processor that is tailor made for high refresh rate gaming smartphones.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 04:35 pm CDT
- Qualcomm's new Snapdragon 865 becomes the new everything champion
- Qualcomm Adreno 650 GPU 'most efficient graphics core in the world'
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 865: 20% faster than Snapdragon 855
- So, Qualcomm made a Snapdragon 865-powered pinball machine
- Black Shark 3 gaming phone: 90Hz display, 12GB RAM, liquid cooling, 5G
- > NEXT STORY: Tesla Motors 'Anti-Handbook Handbook' for new employees gets leaked
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Xbox One, PS4 sales plummet because of Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5