AMD launched its monstrous Ryzen Threadripper 3990X not too long ago, and it is already breaking records left, right, and center -- but what about running Crysis in software mode without a graphics card? Yeah, it can do that.
LinusTechTips has done just that, running Crysis in software mode on the 64-core/128-thread Ryzen Threadripper 3990X processor. No one would buy AMD's flagship Ryzen Threadripper 3990X to do this, but it's an incredible feat and something to completely nerd out to.
Personally, I love seeing this stuff and nerding out to seeing the once 'can it run Crysis' meme turn into running entirely on software. Something I didn't think we'd ever see.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 04:35 pm CDT
- AMD steps it up (again) with next-gen Ryzen Threadripper packaging
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3990X: 64C/128T launches January 2020
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3990X specs: 64C/128T, 288MB cache, 280W TDP
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3990X: 64C/128T costs $3990 launches February 7
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3990WX: 64C/128T for your next desktop?!
- > NEXT STORY: Flash: 150W USB-C power bank, powered by Tesla graphene batteries
- < PREVIOUS STORY: NVIDIA teases Cyberpunk 2077 themed GeForce RTX graphics card