E3 2019 - Keanu Reeves showing up at E3 to announce Cyberpunk 2077's release date was absolutely monumental. The internet blew up and everyone was talking about the game. But there was a special on-stage moment that proves wherever Keanu goes, magic follows.
On stage at Microsoft' E3 press conference, Keanu Reeves affirmed Cyberpunk 2077's huge sprawling sci-fi landscape of Night City is quite breathtaking. Attendee Peter Sark then made E3 history by saying what we all think about Keanu. "You're breathtaking!" Sark said, and of course Keanu being Keanu pointed right at the gamer and echoed the sentiment. Sark shared the moment on Twitter, prompting CD Projekt RED to offer up a free Cyberpunk 2077 collector's edition.
Keanu Reeves will star as Johnny Silverhand in Cyberpunk 2077, an ex-Marine ex-rocker from the universe's massively famous Samurai band. This is the second time Reeves has played a Johnny in a futuristic medium. Keanu will help V exact revenge on the crimelords of Night City: "Wake up Samurai. We have a city to burn."
Cyberpunk 2077 releases on April 16, 2020 for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
Last updated: Jun 16, 2019 at 12:19 am CDT
- New Witcher game not in development, CD Projekt RED confirms
- McFarlane Toys making Johnny Silverhand Cyberpunk 2077 action figures
- CD Projekt RED is 'looking at' next-gen consoles, privy to inside info
- Cyberpunk 2077 enters final development, but CDPR's still spending big
- Cyberpunk 2077's online multiplayer may not have microtransactions
- > NEXT STORY: AMD crosses the Horizon with Zen 2, Navi, 7nm, and PCIe 4.0
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Ubisoft announces uPlay Plus game subscription service