THQ Nordic is one of the few publishers working on a metric ton of new projects. There's so many games in the pipeline that THQ has to reveal them ahead of E3 2019.
Right now THQ Nordic is developing over 80 games across its varied stable of developers and subsidiaries, which includes Deep Silver, 4A Games, and Volition. Most of these new titles haven't been announced yet--48 of them are still under wraps. Now the company plans to unveil three of these new games ahead of E3 as part of a new "3 on 3" promo.
So what can we expect to see? Probably a few remasters or re-releases on multiple platforms. I'm betting THQ Nordic will save its huge new game announcements for E3 proper. Volition is working on a top-secret new AAA game (probably Saints Row 5), and other devs like Warhorse Studios, Coffee Stain, and 4A Games are likewise doing the same.
Here are a few things we should see from THQ Nordic at E3 2019, most of which will probably be shown during the Xbox panel:
- Dead Island 2 release date
- New Darksiders game
- Tons of games coming to cloud streaming platforms like Google Stadia
- BioMutant details
THQ Nordic certainly has a plethora of IPs to choose from. It's snapped up rights to a sea of beloved series and franchises including Kingdoms of Amalur and Timesplitters. Not every IP will get a sequel, though: THQ Nordic is careful to say that only relevant series will get expanded.
The company plans to start announcing its new games tomorrow at 10AM EST.
Three games, three days. Because the best things come in threes. Stay tuned through our Social Media channels on these times:
Game 1: June 5th | 4pm CET / 10am EST
Game 2: June 6th | 7pm CET / 2pm EST
Game 3: June 7th | 7pm CET / 2pm EST
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 02:16 pm CST
- Gothic remake is now in development at THQ Nordic
- THQ Nordic now owns 163 IPs and employs 92 dev teams across the globe
- THQ Nordic has 96 games in development, and only 52 have been revealed
- Saint's Row V: Reveal in 2020, next-gen launch likely, release by 2021
- THQ Nordic buys World War Z, Switcher 3 dev Saber Interactive
- > NEXT STORY: Microsoft to reveal 3 new IPs at E3, sources say
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Final Fantasy 7: Remake, Avengers shouldn't launch in 2019