Battlefield V will soon receive its Tides of War Chapter 3: Trials by Fire Update #2 with developer DICE providing some update notes for gamers on what to expect in the upcoming patch.
DICE has focused the update on Battlefield V's new battle royale mode, Firestorm, with tweaks amounting to improved interaction with safes, fixed visual issues, and making the Flare Gun usable while in water. The developer adds that other parts of the multiplayer of Battlefield V have been improved, with the team adding a soldier stance icon from single-player, which was a big request from players. DICE adds that "we've made multiple stability improvements, bug fixes, and some quality-of-life enhancements".
There are some PC-specific improvements in the new Battlefield V update as well, with concentration on DXR and DLSS features, and much more. Check out that full list below:
- Increased maximum ray count in DXR Ultra to improve reflection quality.
- DLSS is now also supported in borderless mode.
- Made improvements to DLSS sharpness.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Customization screen to be darker than intended when having DX12 enabled.
- Fixed a rendering issue that could cause graphical corruption when spamming various player actions.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the game to hang if the player mashed all the keyboard and mouse buttons while in the key binding menu. The player that found this must have eaten too much pineapple pizza.
- In Firestorm, opening the map and using the "scroll" button while inside a tank in the gunner position will no longer switch the selected tank gun as well.
- >> NEXT STORY: BioWare's Casey Hudson inherited lots of studio problems
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Risk of Rain 2 is very, very popular, amasses 650,000 gamers