Samsung is gearing up for the release of its first foldable smartphone in the Galaxy Fold, and days after a leak showed that the foldable smartphone had a crease in the middle of its display, Samsung marketing goes into overdrive.
The company has released a new 34-second video of the testing regime that Samsung puts the Galaxy Fold under, in an Ikea-like stress test of folding the phone over and over and over again. Samsung folded a bunch of its Galaxy Fold smartphones over 200,000 times each so that it can provide around 5 years of use to a Galaxy Fold owner, measuring out to around 100 times per day.
Samsung does this all in a week, with over 200,000 folds per phone completed.
Last updated: Mar 28, 2019 at 06:11 am CDT
- Galaxy Fold 2 specs: 108MP camera, next-gen Snapdragon 865 and 5G tech
- Samsung's new Galaxy Fold 2 rumored to fold UP clamshell style
- Samsung's new Galaxy Fold 2 might pack fast charging tech
- Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 rumors: codename Champ, under display camera
- Samsung Galaxy Z: new foldable phone folds into 'Z' shape
- > NEXT STORY: The Division 2 endgame content drops on April 5
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Cyberpunk 2077 release date reveal possible for E3 2019