On the heels of Aquaman's monumental success, Warner Bros. has announced a concrete release date for a sequel starring Jason Momoa.
Aquaman 2 is set to launch on December 16, 2022, Warner Bros. today confirmed. The movie has been in planning phases as early as this month when original screenwriter David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick returned to pen the script.
With its exotic, stunning visuals and incredible atmospheric storytelling mixed with old-school comic themes, Aquaman is a huge win for the DC brand and pulled in boatloads of cash for Warner Bros. Aquaman has currently netted over $800 million worldwide and is on the top 20 highest grossing films of all time.
I personally think Aquaman is the best film I've seen in the last few years. The colorful environments are simply spellbinding and enchanting, and the action was engaging and fun. Everything looks and feels so different, so new, and I can't wait to see how Aquaman 2 will push this feeling even further.
Last updated: Feb 28, 2019 at 06:11 am CST
- Battlefield 6 to 'blow people's minds' on next-gen consoles
- Aquaman & Spiderman star Willem Dafoe: superhero movies are 'too long'
- Justice League Snyder Cut confirmed (again) by Jason Momoa (again)
- Only PlayStation 5 next-gen exclusives will tap SSD's full potential
- Intel promises process node leadership with 5nm... but in 2022+++
- > NEXT STORY: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order will be unveiled in April
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Sony drops PlayStation Plus value by nixing PS3, Vita games