Amazon may have accidentally leaked a new Dissidia: Final Fantasy game.
According to a new Amazon listing, Square Enix will bring its landmark Final Fantasy fighting game to the West with a release on PS4. The game is apparently called Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT, and will feature "over 20 playable Final Fantasy heroes and villains." Square Enix's Dissidia series has typically remained in Japanese arcades, and has seldom come West except for launches on PSP and older systems.
Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT will be a PS4 port of the 2015 arcade game originally launched in Japan, which has been developed jointly by Team Ninja and Square Enix. The publisher has expressed interest in bringing key franchises to the West to improve reach, and even commented that it wants to launch an online game streaming service for key Japanese titles. We originally thought Square Enix would stream Dissidia: Final Fantasy to the West, and it's great the game is getting its own dedicated port on PS4.
Square Enix is expected to announce full details of Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT today during a special live stream. The amazon listing delivers the following details:
- Final Fantasy, everything you could ever want - Over 20 playable Final Fantasy heroes and villains to play, over ten iconic battle arenas, legendary summons, tons of equippable weapons and moogles
- Legendary narrative - Dive into an all-new Final Fantasy story, written by writer Kazushige Nojima (Fantasy VII Remake, Final Fantasy XV, Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts, and Kingdom Hearts II)
- Your fantasy. Your fight - Each battle you wage, you will gain XP and gil to deepen the customization of your Final Fantasy champion - from EX skills to weapons to skins, level up
- Only the brave survive - The bravery combat system allows a much deeper and more methodical approach to the fighting game genre, separating luck from skill
- > NEXT STORY: Fox buys into mobile games business
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice coming August