Square Enix today dropped a huge wave of Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age screenshots, showing off twenty-one different scenes in full HD.
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age isn't just a full HD remastering of the original PS2 classic, but also features the Zodiac Job System, which was previously exclusive to Japan. This system brings 12 new jobs for players to customize their characters and teams with, offering a new dimension of combat.
The 2006 RPG has been spruced up for modern PS4 consoles, featuring fully remastered 1080p visuals and soundtrack, support for 7.1 surround-sound, drastically improved loading times, new in-game modes, and more. The game may also hit 1080p 60FPS performance to boot.
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age will launch on July 11, 2017 exclusively for the PS4.
The high-definition remaster introduces several modern advancements, including reconstructed battle design and a revamped job system. With newly implemented trophies and share functions, as well as stark visual and sound improvements in true HD for the first time, players both returning and new to the game will experience a grand adventure that spans the world of Ivalice in an entirely fresh and improved way.
Includes several all-new enhanced gameplay features:
- The Zodiac Job System - Improved character leveling system that now caters to the player's preference
- Trial Mode - Take on monsters and enemies in up to 100 consecutive battles
- Speed Mode
- Latest-generation HD graphical capabilities, including characters and movie scenes fully remastered in high definition.
- True 7.1 surround sound, including high definition voicing and newly recorded background music utilizing the current generation of sound production.
- Modern advancements including PlayStation®4 trophy support and share functionalities, auto-save and shortened loading times
- An endless amount of gameplay and adventure including Hunts, Battles, and mini-games