Ever wondered what happens when Mario eats a bad mushroom? No, not a rotten mushroom; the kind that make you see things. I mean Mario is always gobbling up mushrooms to grow bigger, and one of two of them are bound to be the wrong kind, right? Now we know, and the results are pretty horrifying.
This delirious fever dream hallucination-gone-wrong was created by YouTuber CosmoCourtney, who used a Super Mario 3D World hack to make a gangly monster out of everyone's favorite plumber.
I wonder if Miyamoto has seen this yet, and what he thinks about these kinds of hacks. One thing's for sure: every time a mushroom pops up in a Super Mario game, I'll be hesitant to pick it up lest Mario turns into this freakish terror.
Last updated: Sep 1, 2017 at 05:19 am CDT
- Super Mario Legos let you create your own interactive game stages
- Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy, and new Paper Mario coming to Switch
- Luigi in Super Mario Odyssey almost had a 'drastic costume change'
- Uber Eats isn't charging delivery fees for over 100,000 restaurants
- Mario's personality will change, Nintendo plans to usurp Mickey Mouse
- > NEXT STORY: Foxconn wants to replace nearly every human with robots
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Surface Phone fake renders actually look awesome