The Vancover-based indie studio United Front Games, the devs behind Sleeping Dogs, is shutting down.
The dev team hasn't posted anything to Twitter or Facebook just yet, but you can no longer purchase Smash+Grab on Steam, so it's likely true. Best known for making the excellent open-world uncover yakuza game Sleeping Dogs, United Front Games was one of Canda's largest games studios.
They opened shop in 2007, and it's sad to see them go--especially since this pretty much destroys all hope of a bonafide Sleeping Dogs sequel.
Last updated: Sep 1, 2017 at 06:05 am CDT
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- Next-gen console exclusives will be few and far between through 2021
- Only PlayStation 5 next-gen exclusives will tap SSD's full potential
- Xbox Series X's Smart Delivery may let you custom install games
- Coronavirus may delay PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X launch past 2020
- > NEXT STORY: Scary items revealed for Rocket League on October 18
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Friday 13th gets a bitter-sweet delay scheduled for 2017