Microsoft Office is already, arguably, the global standard for office suites, but that clearly isn't enough and even more functionality into its core. The latest insider preview build is letting you access AutoCAD files inside Visio and adding much better collaboration tools into the mix.
Build 16.0.6868.2048 for Office 2016 has been seeded to those in the preview program and seems to let you share and work on files while also chatting with them at the same time. You can make comments, talk about those comments, make changes, chat about those changes, highlight poor logic, chat about that poor logic, and review the entire project with someone from within Office itself. While chatting. The collaborative features are actually quite fascinating and make it easier to address changes that need to be made in real-time, from different parts of the world. Despite the sarcastic comments, it's actually quite nifty and very useful.
AutoCAD files can be imported into Visio and you can now add various elements to those files should you need to if you don't happen to have AutoCAD, giving you the opportunity to collaborate on those types of projects as well. These improvements, though slight, are only for the insider preview program and could be further refined, or even thrown out completely. The feedback they receive from the preview members should help, however. This is also only for Windows at the moment, Mac need not apply.
- Black Friday at GoodOffer24: Windows 10 Pro for just $10.62 and more
- Spring promotion: Windows 10 Pro key $10.55 + Office 2019 Pro $33.96
- Xmas Deals at GoodOffer24: Extra 20% OFF Antivirus + FREE Windows 10
- GoodOffer24 Lunar New Year Sale: Windows 10 Pro for $12.40 and more
- Save Outlook: Five Ways to Recover Email from Error 0x8004010F
- > NEXT STORY: AMD is vastly expanding their included, quiet CPU coolers
- < PREVIOUS STORY: iBooks, iTunes movies blocked from sale in China