With 2400 jobs on the line globally, cuts are said to be happening across multiple positions including the eBay sister company, PayPal. Set to start this quarter, the cuts were revealed in its fourth quarter results which were published today.
These cuts make up for 7 percent of their total workforce, with this move being described by IT News "as a cost-cutting measure ahead of the planned spin-off of its PayPal payments division."
eBay are also allegedly offering up their enterprise unit for potential sale or public offering, claiming this division doesn't fit in with the payment (PayPal) or marketplace (eBay) units.
In a public statement, eBay commented "Enterprise is a strong business and a leading partner for large retailers, managing mission critical components of their e-commerce initiatives. However, it has become clear that it has limited synergies with either business and a separation will allow both to focus exclusively on their core markets, as we create two independent world class companies."
Last updated: Aug 22, 2015 at 12:18 pm CDT
- Justice League Snyder Cut confirmed (again) by Jason Momoa (again)
- Star Wars: The Rise of the Skywalker script LEAKED, sold on eBay
- John Boyega is to blame for leaked Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker script
- Resident Evil 3's Nemesis is like Alien Isolation's xenomorph
- Subway tweets Zack Snyder about a Justice League sandwich
- > NEXT STORY: Solar power flexes some muscle - Global plane journey plans released
- < PREVIOUS STORY: How high can you stack? HAF stacker mods build in popularity