Intel introduced the consumer market to DDR4 with the introduction of the X99 platform. These are the early days of DDR4, and top kits are in the 3300MHz range, which is quite modest considering DDR4 is projected to be at 4000MHz+ in the near future. Nevertheless, DDR4 kits are pricey, and as with anything that costs you a kidney, it is good practice to get to know your purchase inside and out.
At launch, there wasn't even standardized support for memory dividers above 26.66x, and many have taken to using BCLK dividers to achieve the rated speeds of their kits. DDR4 isn't overly complicated, and overclocking DDR4 is basically the same as overclocking DDR3. There are some interesting new changes that come with the new standard, and I will cover those today.
In the slide above, you will notice that most of DDR4's advantages over DDR3 come in the form of power savings. For starters, the main DDR voltage is now 1.2v stock versus 1.5v with DDR3. A new voltage called VPP was also introduced; VPP is the voltage for the electrical high for DRAM row access.
For DDR4, JEDEC decided to introduce an external VRM that provides a 2.5v electrical high voltage for the word line (row access). Since the word line voltage is no longer pumped up from the DDR voltage (like it was for DDR3), the inefficiencies of pumping up the DDR voltage are gone, and instead you get power savings.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test Setup and The Kits]
- Page 3 [Timing, Training, Multiplier, and Density Investigations]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset announced for June 5th
- A Way Out official PC requirements released, launch trailer
- Dark Souls Remastered leaked images, Solaire amiibo spotted
- Possible new Fornite maps photographed at GDC 2018
- Metro Exodus will rock NVIDIA RTX real-time raytracing tech
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit