8K 60FPS Gaming Is Now A Reality
Just like I said in my article titled 'GeForce RTX 2080 Ti in NVLink: 4K 120FPS Gaming Is Now Here' - these new Turing-based GeForce RTX 2080 Ti graphics cards in NVLink can handle 8K 50FPS average... but would you buy them for that? No, of course not. I'm not here telling you to, I'm purely coming in from a technological standpoint.
The question I'm asking with this article is can they push 8K 60FPS and the answer is... for the first time ever: yes they can. NVIDIA's new GeForce RTX 2080 Ti cards in NVLink can indeed handle 8K 60FPS gaming for the most part. They can't run all games maxed out and with a few settings tweaked I was able to hit 60FPS average without a problem, something no other card in any combination can hit, period.
As for the performance upgrades over the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SLI and the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti NVLink, we're looking at:
- Rise of the Tomb Raider - 43% faster than GTX 1080 Ti SLI
- Shadow of War - 45% faster than GTX 1080 Ti SLI
- Rainbow Six Siege - 212% (85% faster than single RTX 2080 Ti)
- Far Cry 5 - 23% faster than GTX 1080 Ti SLI
- F1 2018 - 45% faster than GTX 1080 Ti SLI (62% faster than single RTX 2080 Ti)
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider - 48% faster than GTX 1080 Ti SLI (100% faster than single 2080 Ti)
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.