New Mobile SKUs, U-Series Upgrades, and Optane Support
Here we can see all the new mobile H-series SKUs, with the i9-8950HK leading the pack. All these new processors support 2666MHz DDR4, and while they have low base clocks in the 2Ghz arena, they all seem to boot up between 4.0 and 4.8GHz depending on power and temperature limits.
Now, we also get new U-series mobile processors with Iris Plus graphics. They will have 128MB on-package eDRAM and Optane memory support. They will use the new 300-series mobile chipset. There will be four SKUs launched with high Turbo speeds at 28W TDP.
Many of us have heard of Optane memory by now; it's great at bridging the gap between NAND based SSDs and RAM. Its main use on the desktop is to accelerate a boot drive, but many people would rather just use a full-blown NVMe drive.
However, until now Intel has not allowed Optane to accelerate a secondary drive, like one used for game storage. Now that is possible. However, Intel also wants to accelerate laptops with Optane, and they have made it easy to see which notebooks have Optane. The badges with a "+" in them designate Optane memory included.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Intel Launches H-Series Mobile Processors]
- Page 2 [New Mobile SKUs, U-Series Upgrades, and Optane Support]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit