This test consists of Database and On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP) workloads. OLTP is the processing of transactions such as credit cards and high frequency trading in the financial sector. Databases are the bread and butter of many enterprise deployments. These demanding 8k random workloads with a 66 percent read and 33 percent write distribution bring even the best solutions down to earth.
The eight-drive RAID 0 array predictably takes the lead with 193,658 IOPS at 256 OIO, followed by the eight-drive RAID 10 with 120,116 IOPS. The four-drive RAID 0 delivers 111,787 IOPS, and the four-drive RAID 10 array weighs in with 62,613 IOPS.
The eight-drive RAID 0 array provides 180,000 IOPS under 2ms.
RAID 0 Web Server
The Web Server workload is read-only with a wide range of file sizes. Web servers are responsible for generating content users view over the Internet, much like the very page you are reading. The speed of the underlying storage system has a massive impact on the speed and responsiveness of the server hosting the website.
The arrays top out at 128 OIO, and the eight-drive RAID 0 provides 112,457 IOPS at 256 OIO. The eight-drive RAID 10 isn't far behind with 113,375 IOPS, and the four-drive RAID 0 trails by a large margin with 76,802 IOPS. The four-drive RAID 10 tops out at 64 OIO with 65,207 IOPS.
Performance takes a step back as we move into heavier workloads.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Optimus Eco Design and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Email Server and File Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fallout 76 beta comes first to Xbox One
- Cyberpunk 2077 is a FPS RPG, has strong emphasis on choice
- AMD Threadripper 2990X 32-core monster detailed in leak
- Mario Tennis Aces will feature Diddy Kong & more as DLC's
- WWE 2K19 Special Editions revealed and release date unveil
- DDR4-3400 - Ryzen 7 1800x & Ryzen 7 2700x - X370 & X470
- LaCie DJI Co-Pilot 2TB Review
- Dumb question regarding moderator approval
- ASUS ProArt PA27AC Monitor: The Best Workstation Monitor?!
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit