This test consists of Database and On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP) workloads. OLTP is the processing of transactions such as credit cards and high frequency trading in the financial sector. Databases are the bread and butter of many enterprise deployments. These demanding 8k random workloads with a 66 percent read and 33 percent write distribution bring even the best solutions down to earth.
The eight-drive RAID 0 array predictably takes the lead with 193,658 IOPS at 256 OIO, followed by the eight-drive RAID 10 with 120,116 IOPS. The four-drive RAID 0 delivers 111,787 IOPS, and the four-drive RAID 10 array weighs in with 62,613 IOPS.
The eight-drive RAID 0 array provides 180,000 IOPS under 2ms.
RAID 0 Web Server
The Web Server workload is read-only with a wide range of file sizes. Web servers are responsible for generating content users view over the Internet, much like the very page you are reading. The speed of the underlying storage system has a massive impact on the speed and responsiveness of the server hosting the website.
The arrays top out at 128 OIO, and the eight-drive RAID 0 provides 112,457 IOPS at 256 OIO. The eight-drive RAID 10 isn't far behind with 113,375 IOPS, and the four-drive RAID 0 trails by a large margin with 76,802 IOPS. The four-drive RAID 10 tops out at 64 OIO with 65,207 IOPS.
Performance takes a step back as we move into heavier workloads.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Optimus Eco Design and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Email Server and File Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sharkoon release the S1000 Micro-ATX case range
- FSP release 2000W dedicated mining power supply
- Black Friday sales sees Oculus Rift down to just $349
- Elon Musk receives approval for tunnel under LA
- Samsung could unveil the Galaxy S9 at CES 2018 in January
- Jaybird X3 Wireless Earbud Review
- ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Bluetooth
- ALiveNF6G-VSTA motherboard: squematic and dump BIOS
- Asrock H97m Pro4 BSOD installing Vega56
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ