International Rectifier IR3550
Each IR3550 chip has 30 pins along the side.
The PowIRStage specifications page shows a peak efficiency rating of 95% at 1.2V and an IOUT max of 60 amps.
What the IR3550 allows GIGABYTE to do is replace the traditional 4-chip MOSFET design with a single IR3550 that's very efficient.
Test System Setup
I grabbed a few parts sitting around the office and pieced a system together. In the coming days we're moving the SSD test platform over to 4th generation Core processors and Z87X chipsets.
Originally, I started this project to test the new PWM cooler, but the article took a turn while testing.
I think you'll agree with our findings. I do want to note a few things before we get started, though. We used an Intel retail heat sink and cooler for the CPU simply because it allowed us to use the thermal imaging camera. All of my other heat sinks are Noctua designs and very large.
In some of the images you may see black tap covering components. Any highly reflective surface makes the thermal imager report a false reading. The tape is thin and used to cover up anything that shines like the CMOS battery or the silver area on the heat sink.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [GIGABYTE Z87X-OC Force]
- Page 3 [International Rectifier IR3550 and Test System Setup]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rocket League flies past 50 million players
- Fortnite now has an insane 78 million monthly players
- Devil May Cry 5 won't require high-end GPU
- Red Dead Redemption 2 gets tons of new screenshots
- Red Dead Redemption 2 can transform into a FPS
- DLink HD Wi-Fi Camera 8300LH Review
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- The Slater releases on September 20th
- Partnership Between Mastiff and Yggdrazil Group Brings Home Sweet Home to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One This October
- Turn-Based PC-RTS 'ValeGuard' Has Launched On STEAM Offering Exciting City-Building & Strategic Real-Time Combat
- IBM Takes Major Step in Breaking Open the Black Box of AI
- Genpact Launches Cora CommandCenter to Transform Digital Workforce Performance and Automation Governance