GIGABYTE Z87X-OC Force
The GA-Z87X-OC Force is GIGABYTE's latest badass overclocking flagship motherboard. As the flagship model, the OC Force packs nearly every bell and whistle offered for overclocking and goes far beyond what we expect to find on a traditional motherboard. Shawn will have a full review of the GA-Z87X-OC Force soon and will cover all of the features in detail.
We're focusing at the area around the CPU socket today, the massive heat sink specifically and the new International Rectifier IR3550 PWMs under it. As you can see, the GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-OC Force looks a lot different in this area than most of the other motherboards on the market. The heat sink is massive and it also doubles as a liquid cooling block for extreme overclocking.
Here we see the same area without the heat sink. There are nine PWMs on one side and an additional seven running across the top.
GIGABYTE calls this OC Cool and in the lower right side of the image above we see the liquid cooling tubing to the processor and the PWM cooler before going back to the pump.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [GIGABYTE Z87X-OC Force]
- Page 3 [International Rectifier IR3550 and Test System Setup]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New PC game deals: Frostpunk and BattleTech for 22% off
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole trailer for Switch
- Sonic the Hedgehog Twitter teases trailer, will drop today
- Dark Souls Remastered: new trailer and discount announcement
- Far Cry 5 tops game sales for March 2018
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit