I knew this was going to be a really boring driver to test. A combination of the weirdness that was seen with the Catalyst 12.2 naming earlier in the month and the fact that the release notes really gave us nothing to get excited about, it was fairly safe to assume there wasn't going to be much to get excited about.
The biggest highlight to the driver comes in the form that it now officially supports all AMD Radeon HD 7000 series video cards. So, if you're on one of the original launch or BETA drivers, we'd suggest that you take the time to upgrade.
If you're on the 12.2 driver you also may as well make the move. This isn't a bad driver and as always there are some bug fixes that go along with it. But there's nothing that really stands out. At the same time if you didn't upgrade from the 12.2 set because you found yourself happy with what they are doing, it wouldn't be the end of the world either.
The issue for AMD is that we've now seen two driver releases in a row that leave us feeling a little flat. Alongside NVIDIA releasing the beast that is the GeForce GTX 680 at a super competitive price, AMD has got it a little tough at the moment.
It will be interesting to see what they bring to the table next month as it really feels like they need to do something that helps them stand out for all the right reasons again.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Release Note Highlights]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Take-Two: Microtransactions help buffer risk of new IP
- UK official responds to lootbox petition
- Rocket League hosts Halloween event 'Haunted Hallows'
- Team Liquid wins SL i-League Invitational Season 3
- Ex-Naughty Dog developer claims he was sexually harassed
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz