I knew this was going to be a really boring driver to test. A combination of the weirdness that was seen with the Catalyst 12.2 naming earlier in the month and the fact that the release notes really gave us nothing to get excited about, it was fairly safe to assume there wasn't going to be much to get excited about.
The biggest highlight to the driver comes in the form that it now officially supports all AMD Radeon HD 7000 series video cards. So, if you're on one of the original launch or BETA drivers, we'd suggest that you take the time to upgrade.
If you're on the 12.2 driver you also may as well make the move. This isn't a bad driver and as always there are some bug fixes that go along with it. But there's nothing that really stands out. At the same time if you didn't upgrade from the 12.2 set because you found yourself happy with what they are doing, it wouldn't be the end of the world either.
The issue for AMD is that we've now seen two driver releases in a row that leave us feeling a little flat. Alongside NVIDIA releasing the beast that is the GeForce GTX 680 at a super competitive price, AMD has got it a little tough at the moment.
It will be interesting to see what they bring to the table next month as it really feels like they need to do something that helps them stand out for all the right reasons again.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Release Note Highlights]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Amazon Prime price will increase to $119 in May
- Pokemon Switch RPG listed as 2018 or later
- Nintendo sold 15 million Switch consoles in FY2017
- Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima to step down
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- ASUS STRIX H370-I GAMING (Intel H370) Motherboard Review
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit