GIGABYTE has been extremely aggressive with the new Z68 chipset and it's very much out with the old and in with the new. Over the past few weeks the GIGABYTE Z68 boards have been the ones to show up a lot in corner stores for sale. And after hearing that they hope to achieve 80% of channel stocking at launch, it makes sense.
GIGABYTE have been in there words "aggressively stocking the channel with Z68 MBs for weeks now." In no doubt a bit of a gentlemen's agreement, they send to their distributors who send to the retail channel. GIGABYTE hope that it stops there until May 11 when the curtain is lifted on the new chipset and at that point the retail stores are ready to go. Unfortunately one store decides to sell beforehand and then someone else does and someone else does; you essentially get a snow ball effect of companies selling a product early.
The nature of how GIGABYTE wanted to achieve this target meant that out of the 1000s of retail stores that sell their product, some were bound to either not care about the NDA or not know. Outside of some pictures, though, we haven't seen loads about the GIGABYTE Z68 still.
With 80% saturation the aim for GIGABYTE, let's look at two of the boards they hope to achieve that with. The GIGABYTE Z68X-UD7-B3 and Z68X-UD3H-B3 where shown to us in a secret rendezvous. Let's take a closer look!
Looking at the Z68X-UD7-B3 box, the overall design of it is very similar to that of previous UD7 boards we've seen from GIGABYTE. We've got a gold / black color scheme going and just an absolute bunch of logos on the box front and back. Of course, looking at the front of the box and again we can open it up and get more detail on some of the features that GIGABYTE offer while also getting a good look at the motherboard and the main CPU / Memory area.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Package]
- Page 2 [GIGABYTE Z68X-UD7 - The Board]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z68X-UD7 - The Board Continued]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z68X-UD3H - The Board]
- Page 5 [GIGABYTE Z68X-UD3H - The Board Continued]
- Page 6 [Some GIGABYTE Z68 Features]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GTA 5 yanked from NVIDIA's GeForce Now streaming service
- The Clone Wars season 7 coming February 2020 on Disney+
- The Mandalorian's new trailer is like a Star Wars western
- Obi-Wan show confirmed for Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Spears return to Elder Scrolls in new Morrowind remaster mod Skywind
- Lian Li TU150 Mini-ITX Chassis Review
- SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Headset Review
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Snooker 19, the first official snooker game in a generation, is out now on Nintendo Switch
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator VR will debut in August
- Leyou Technologies Announces 2019 Interim Results
- Thermaltake A700 Aluminum Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis Now Available Simplicity Creates Its Own Path
- 2019 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 Brings Twelve Top Modders Worldwide Together for the New Creation of the Core P5 V2 Chassis Battle for the Best