The Commander PC is a real beast these days and that's thanks to the Intel i7 2600k CPU being such a beast and offering us just huge overclocking potential. You can also really see what we're able to achieve when we overclock the CPU and video card. We're able to get our games from what we would label as non-playable to playable which is of course when we see the FPS average move from below 60 FPS to 60 FPS or better.
CPU performance and RAM performance is also excellent, but something that really stands out outside of the video card performance would have to be the hard drive performance. The 60GB Mushkin drives in RAID 0 not only make for a great size of 120GB, but also just some awesome performance.
It's really good to see just what kind of performance you're able to get out of the $2,000 Commander PC and as you can see, when overclocked the system has no problems dealing with games at 1920 x 1200 and even has the ability to play some games at 2560 x 1600. Considering we're dealing with only a single video card, it's pretty amazing.
Something else that was really surprising outside of all these key components, though, was the Corsair A70 cooler. I've never used a Corsair air cooler before, but this one is a really great unit and had absolutely no trouble handling our 2600k at 4.8GHz which is very impressive.
All in all, it's good to see just what kind of performance you're able to get from the Commander PC. It's also funny when writing this article to compare this PC to the previous Commander PC in June of last year which consisted of a P55 motherboard, i7 860, Sapphire HD 5850 and a 60 GB RAID 0 SSD setup. What else is interesting is that when we tested that Commander PC, we could only achieve 4GHz out of our CPU. The 2600k today, though, is able to achieve 4.8GHz which is fantastic and just gives you an idea of the amount of power on offer.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [A Closer look at the Commander]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and AIDA64]
- Page 4 [AIDA64 - Continued]
- Page 5 [3DMark 11]
- Page 6 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fiber optic cables double as early earthquake detectors
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard