There seems to be a small drop in some areas with the new driver, but most the time there's either no change with overall performance or a nice little bump which is always appreciated across the resolution board in a couple of games.
Outside of the performance, though, there are some seriously awesome improvements to this driver set when it comes to the feature set, especially when it comes to CrossFire improvements. In saying that, if you don't make use of the technology this driver is still a fantastic one that offers a nice performance boost in cards starting as low as the HD 5770 from our testing.
As always, there's a nice array of bug fixes that have come to the party which is no doubt going to be appreciated by a number of people as well.
The good news is that not only is this a great driver, but we know that next month's is also going to be fantastic with a number of new features that we saw in our preview Future ATI Catalyst Drivers - Why you should be excited!
There's really no reason not to upgrade to this driver if you're using an ATI based graphics card, especially if you're on a HD 5500 or HD 5400 series card with this being the first official driver for the model.
Until next month, may all your frame rates be high and your games good fun!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 3 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark (DX11)]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- A re-introduction into Old School RuneScape: New/Old players
- COD: Black Ops 4 launch day sales on PC up 100% over 2017
- Samsung's Galaxy Note 10 could rock huge 6.66-inch display
- Cyberpunk 2077 team won't 'artificially' extend playtime
- Dell's 49-inch ultra-wide monitor rocks 5120x1440 resolution
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Which modern Z370 ATX motherboards are most reliable? Seeking advice
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon