We're not going to blabber on too much here, because we're sure you don't want to read about us having two HD 5870s. You just want to know what happens when we put those two HD 5870s into the one system and run our flurry of benchmarks.
I have to say, over the past few releases we've had the ability to do Crossfire testing at launch, but the drivers haven't been ready from ATI. To be honest, when it came to these drivers we weren't sure if it was going to work, but with our cards installed and the drivers installed we were greeted with a window that told us that Crossfire could be enabled once we had rebooted.
There's two ways to see if it's actually working; the first is to fire up GPU-Z. In the screenshot above you can see at the bottom it says we've got two GPUs enabled under CrossFire. The next thing we had to do was fire up our benchmarks to see if everything was running as it should. I'm going to spoil it a bit here; yes, it worked. And really, you would know that already otherwise we wouldn't have bothered with the article. How well did it work, though? Well, let's go to the next page and find out exactly.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 12 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 to release Halloween Event and Update
- Star Wars The Last Jedi is expected to make $760 million
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard