Our next step on the list is overclocking. We fired up our favourite utility ATI Tool and got things under way.
BFG has already upped the ante on the core moving it from the stock 675MHz to 710MHz. We were able to then increase it further again and achieved a maximum core of 730MHz. While BFG has chosen to leave the memory at the default 2000MHz DDR we are not too sure why as it hits in excess of 2200MHz DDR with ease, 2256MHz DDR to be exact.
Let us go ahead and see what type of difference this makes to the overall performance in a sample of tests.
A default run of 3DMark06 sees our overclocked SLI solution able to break the 10k mark, something that we have only seen from the 8800 series in the past.
While it is not a huge gain, we are now only 2 FPS from breaking 100.
While the average does not move much the more important minimum gets an increase nearly breaking that 30fps barrier which is extremely important for achieving a smooth game experience.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm inks Always Connected PC deals with T-Mobile, AT&T
- Justice League fan cut uses Zimmer music, improves end fight
- Ubisoft exploring blockchain tech for its games
- Roy Taylor leaves AMD, AMD Studios gets reshuffled
- Super Smash Bros coming to Switch in 2018, says insider
- Seagate IronWolf 12TB HDD Review
- Z370 Taichi BIOS 1.40
- Seagate DJI Fly Drive 2TB Review
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Secretlab TITAN NAPA: the most luxurious gaming chair yet
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit