Assuming that you have the necessary equipment to make use of this new CrossFire technique, installation is very simple. Install both boards, power them up, then start up your system. Windows will automatically pick up the second video board since it is using the same driver set that is already in use, but make sure to do a system reboot after the second video board is loaded. Since the second card isn't picked up until the Catalyst drivers are already running, it requires this reboot to allow it to make use of this second board in a CrossFire setup.
After the reboot you should see a new menu choice within the Catalyst Control Panel labeled "CrossFire". Simply put a check mark in the "Enable CrossFire" box in the window on the right and Windows will work with the driver set to start your graphics in a CrossFire mode. Another reboot is not required at this point since the system will already be properly configured to make use of the second video board.
For clarification, your monitor will need to be plugged into the primary video board, which is the one in PCI-E slot #1 on your system. In simpler terms, plug the monitor into the board that would be used in a single board setup.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intellivision's new $150 console has online store, new games
- Steam grows to 90 million monthly active users
- Intel M.2 Optane SSD 905P Appears On Newegg
- Soulcalibur VI physical sales crater, the rise of digital
- Dynasty Warriors 9 online and local co-op update/demo Nov 1
- Samsung Bar Plus 256GB Flash Drive Review
- Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS Review
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Palit introduces the reinvented GeForce RTX 2070 Dual
- Cooler Master Unveils the C700P Carbon
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 - Now Available for Order
- SP Launches New Pocket-Sized Power Banks
- Tesla vs Lovecraft Pre-Orders Start on iOS - Release date is 25th Oct