DOOM & OVERWATCH
Gaming was pleasant for the most part, especially when it comes to FPS titles like DOOM and OVERWATCH. You do not need much in these games. WASD keys and maybe a few near it need to function, the numbers come in handy for weapons selection and such things, and we give it to Sound Blaster that the Macro keys are in a great spot, but there is no mention of how to program or use them in any form or fashion. This will drive MMO and MOBA gamers away, as they also cannot remap the keyboard in any way, and we do know many gamers appreciate this feature.
We saw no signs of ghosting keys when moving around, jumping, crouching, or when the Shift or Control key is required too. The Vanguard KO8 RGB is a decent keyboard to have for gaming but does not pack the customization abilities that others offer in spades.
Windows and Productivity
Writing on the Vanguard KO8 RGB is where it stands out in our mind. The Omron switches are silent, both in their actuation, and the return is much softer than with Cherry style switches, and in long stints of putting words on pages, the little amount of noise coming from it is appreciated. The feel of these switches is similar to a brown switch from the mainstream circles. There is a defined actuation point making it tactile in feel, but the throw distance is shorter, and it can be felt.
We noticed no fatigue in our fingers, and vibrations felt on this design are nearly eliminated. If this keyboard were about half as expensive and lost the Macro keys, we would advise many typists out there to grab this keyboard just for this.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel next-gen Xeon: 59% faster, up to 6TB Optane RAM
- Facebook Live goes social with Live videos with friends
- OnePlus 5 will feature Snapdragon 835, confirms CEO
- Divinity Original Sin 2 launches this September
- Unity valued at $2.8 billion
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017