How does the GTX 1070 QuickSilver 8G OC differ from the GTX 1070 Founders Edition, and GTX 1070 Gaming X? Let's talk clock speeds, then. We have the same 8GB of GDDR5 RAM, which is clocked at 8GHz for the most part - while in OC mode it's 100Mhz faster.
We have the same 3 x DisplayPort 1.4, 1 x HDMI 2.0, and 1 x DVI for display connectivity. The card has 1 x 8-pin, 1 x 6-pin PCIe power connector, drawing just 150W of power. There's no need for 500W+ PSUs with a fast card like this.
MSI has pushed the GTX 1070 QuickSilver 8G OC and its GP104 GPU to 1797MHz boost, in OC mode - but there are 3 modes.
- Silent Mode: 1506/1683MHz
- Gaming Mode: 1582/1771MHz
- OC Mode: 1607/1797MHz
- Silent Mode: 8008MHz
- Gaming Mode: 8008MHz
- OC Mode: 8108MHz
Twin Frozr VI Still Kicks Ass
MSI has used its faithful Twin Frozr VI cooling technology on the GTX 1070 QuickSilver 8G OC, the same cooling tech used on its previous graphics cards in the GTX 10 series. There's nothing different here, other than the color scheme used.
The big draw card of MSI's new GeForce GTX 1070 Quick Silver 8G OC is the style, which we're going to look at right now.
On the back of the card, we have MSI's signature Gaming Series dragon logo - something I love.
On top, MSI has used Quick Silver branding with some LEDs that will light up when the system is on.
Here we go: the MSI Quick Silver logo lit up with its LEDs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch may use 4GB LPDDR4 1600MHz RAM
- 'Never Go Back' with our 'Jack Reacher' Blu-ray giveaway
- Horizon Zero Dawn: solid 30FPS on the PS4 Pro
- AMD Ryzen explained: motherboards, CPUs, and more
- SpaceX successfully lands another Falcon 9 rocket
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- I5 6600k OC settings.. aorus z270
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league