How does the GTX 1070 QuickSilver 8G OC differ from the GTX 1070 Founders Edition, and GTX 1070 Gaming X? Let's talk clock speeds, then. We have the same 8GB of GDDR5 RAM, which is clocked at 8GHz for the most part - while in OC mode it's 100Mhz faster.
We have the same 3 x DisplayPort 1.4, 1 x HDMI 2.0, and 1 x DVI for display connectivity. The card has 1 x 8-pin, 1 x 6-pin PCIe power connector, drawing just 150W of power. There's no need for 500W+ PSUs with a fast card like this.
MSI has pushed the GTX 1070 QuickSilver 8G OC and its GP104 GPU to 1797MHz boost, in OC mode - but there are 3 modes.
- Silent Mode: 1506/1683MHz
- Gaming Mode: 1582/1771MHz
- OC Mode: 1607/1797MHz
- Silent Mode: 8008MHz
- Gaming Mode: 8008MHz
- OC Mode: 8108MHz
Twin Frozr VI Still Kicks Ass
MSI has used its faithful Twin Frozr VI cooling technology on the GTX 1070 QuickSilver 8G OC, the same cooling tech used on its previous graphics cards in the GTX 10 series. There's nothing different here, other than the color scheme used.
The big draw card of MSI's new GeForce GTX 1070 Quick Silver 8G OC is the style, which we're going to look at right now.
On the back of the card, we have MSI's signature Gaming Series dragon logo - something I love.
On top, MSI has used Quick Silver branding with some LEDs that will light up when the system is on.
Here we go: the MSI Quick Silver logo lit up with its LEDs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 2K Games lays out five-year plan, wants one AAA a year
- ASUS hints dual camera in 1st official ZenFone 4 teaser
- Samsung reportedly decides on the Galaxy S9 screen size
- ASUS X399 ROG Zenith Extreme: ThreadRipper BEAST BOARD
- Intel CPU engineer leaves after 20 years
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4