All in all, Battlefield 1's War Stories are an excellent series of missions, and stand strong as a competent single-player campaign.
Everything about the campaign reflects quality, from the in-game graphics and lighting to the animations, sound effects, and facial expressions; everything feels realistic and visceral, adding to a heart-pumping experience filled with chaos and mayhem.
The frame rates were also quite superlative, and I didn't receive any real frame drops. There were some ugly texture pop-ins here and there, and some glitches, but I didn't encounter anything game-breaking or crazy.
Now there were some hiccups here and there, and War Stories does have its problems. The checkpoint system is rather bad, and you'll have to reach an actual auto-save point before your progress is saved. I've gone half-way through a daunting segment and died, only have to repeat it once again.
Another rather disappointing feature was that the War Stories are only told through the eyes of the Allied Forces, not the Central Powers. I think it'd be interesting to put a spin on this, and maybe DICE will release more campaign missions over time.
War Stories offers about 5-8 hours or so of gameplay on Normal, and even more if you play it on Hard and/or try to get all the challenges.
DICE is at the top of their game in every aspect of Battlefield 1, and it's great to see the series return to its chaotic roots and take the franchise in a new direction.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Visuals and Graphics||90%|
|Value for Money||80%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||87%|
The Bottom Line: Battlefield 1's War Stories is a fantastic single-player campaign that's filled to the brim with authentic visceral action and amazing visuals. Don't buy the game just for the campaign, but definitely take a break from multiplayer to try it out.
PRICING: You can find Battlefield 1 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Battlefield 1 retails for $60 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Battlefield 1 retails for £40 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Through Mud and Blood]
- Page 3 [Friends in High Places]
- Page 4 [Avanti Savoia!]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD performance issues in Darksiders Warmastered fixed
- Microsoft testing Gears of War 4 PC, console crossplay
- Final Fantasy XV ships five million units in first day
- SSD costs expected to rise by 6-10% in early 2017
- Playdead drops Inside game demo free via Steam site
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset
- Tesoro opens new product line with the release of its Zone Balance gaming chair