ROCCAT Swarm Software
After a few software updates from the original download, a firmware update, and installing ROCCAT FX software, we could finally get some screen grabs of the software. ROCCAT Swarm opens by default to the pinned menu of the software, and by default there are a few settings already here. This is where you can add and remove certain settings for all of the tabs, to have the most important setting for you, all-in-one easy to find location.
Moving to the right, now in the settings menu, on the left, we can adjust the repeat delay, repeat rate, cursor blink rate, and you can even test the adjustments made. At the bottom, still, on the left, this is where you would reset the keyboard settings back to default. On the right, we can disable keys, adjust the LED display and time in which the keyboard will go into sleep mode, you can record and use audio macros, and even adjust the LEDs to react a certain way when a Macro is used.
Key assignment gets pretty deep. On the top, you can pick either the keyboard view, we have now, or opt to list all keys down, and have to scroll through them to remap or program. On the left, you can add Macros, or choose from many of the predefined setups in the various games they have already set up for you.
To change anything in this menu, you must first choose a key to adjust, and it is then in which the lower section appears. This is where you can set the default and EasyShift function of a key, but you can also see your choices, and reset the key if need be.
Illumination can be done two ways. There is the preset option, and here you can pick from the ten options in which to display the LED lighting. The image of the keyboard is a real-time display of your choices, and below it, you can adjust the speed of the effect, its brightness, or its color. In the custom mode of illumination, all of this applies, but it is where you can set groups of keys and individual color, make patterns, or maybe illuminate just the WASD keys if that is your style.
Along the bottom, we found the tab for the profile manager, and this window pops up. This is where you can add images to the profile, name then according to usage, set it to load with a certain application, and import or delete profiles from previous devices.
The Macro Manager is top notch. You can create a new Macro for your needs, but if we are speaking of gaming or productivity, you may want to look through the list of options already defined by ROCCAT. When it comes to creating your own Macro, it will appear in a list of keys and commands on the right, and at the top of that side is where you can make adjustments to the Macro.
PRICING: You can find the ROCCAT Ryos MK FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ROCCAT Ryos MK FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $150 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ROCCAT Ryos MK FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for £105 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [ROCCAT Ryos MK FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Ryos MK FX Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Download Bungie's 2.4.1 patch update for Destiny now
- Hearthstone game costs players a pretty penny to play
- ISS crew arrives at Space Station after two-day trip
- Major cyber attack knocks out popular websites
- Cassini's final year of its epic voyage to Saturn
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system