Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing
Along with their release of the Patriot Viper V560 gaming mouse, it would only make sense that Patriot would accompany it with the release of a keyboard. Just like other companies, they passed right over dome switches and started their foray into this market with a mechanical switch based keyboard. This is no ordinary mechanical keyboard, though. Patriot looked at this as an opportunity to stand out, and with the feature set that this keyboard delivers, it shows Patriot was shooting for the stars, to be noticed amongst the various other mechanical keyboards already out there and possibly on your desk at this moment.
We have seen RGB LEDs on keyboards before, but it is rare that a mechanical keyboard combines everything Patriot is offering. This keyboard offers five profiles, seven lighting modes, LED intensity buttons, speed selecting buttons for certain modes, a gaming button, and a factor reset, built right into it, without the need for software to be involved. With software included, you are afforded Macros, LED lighting controls in the various modes, adjustable response time and report rate, and key remapping. From a company so fresh into the keyboard game, Patriot proves that they pay attention to what the users need, right out of the gate.
With quite a bit to cover with the Viper V760 gaming mechanical keyboard, we hope we don't gloss over anything. We do need to mention, had we not seen the Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro keyboards, this Patriot keyboard would be the only one mentioning all of these neat features. In reality, this Viper V760 did arrive on the market first, just that we were bound to an agreement with Cooler Master before we made it to this Patriot offering in our mountain of samples. So, don't let those Cooler Master boards take any wind out of Patriot's sails, as with a completely different look, and an open key design, this Patriot solution may be what you were looking for all along.
Like we saw when it came to locating specifications for the V560, the Viper V760 delivers them in the same fashion on site. In their statements, they cover that this Viper V760 mechanical keyboard has 104 programmable Macro keys, and in certain modes, there are 16.8 million colors to choose from when setting the color of the LEDs under each key cap. It is then brought to your attention that this keyboard offers six multimedia keys, and comes with anti-ghosting and NKRO support right out of the box. Lastly, Patriot brings forth the information of its build, with an aluminum top plate, a magnetically attached palm rest, and that the V760 is backed by a two-year warranty. As did the V560, this V760 is also compatible with nearly all Windows operating systems as well as Mac OS X or higher.
With packaging, the total weight is 1675 grams, and the box measures 51cm long, 20cm tall, and is 7.2cm deep, and we again see the warranty term. After listing the certifications and that the packaging is retail, the actual V760 is 46.6cm wide, 4cm tall, and 20.3cm long (with the palm rest included). Without the box, foam, literature, and the cable being included, the V760 weighs in at an average 1230 grams. What is not discussed, though, is that currently, the V760 is only offered with brown Kailh switches.
Locating the Viper V760 is easy enough at this time. Venture over to the major players online, and you will find listings ready. The MSRP is set at Patriot, on their product page, at $109.99, and is very affordable for what you are given. Looking at Newegg, we found that their listing of $139.99 to be a bit extravagant, considering the MSRP. However, if look to Amazon at this time, you will find this same keyboard offered for $99.99. With the potential to have this Viper V760 gaming mechanical keyboard for less than $100, it proves that you can get a ton of keyboard features and stellar looks, without having to break the bank.
Chad's Peripherals Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS X99-E WS - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- CPU: Intel Core i7 5930K - Buy from Amazon
- Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: KLevv Cras DDR4 3000 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Matrix Platinum - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage: Intel 730 480GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: SilverStone TJ11 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Corsair AX1200 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit - Buy from Amazon
PRICING: You can find the Patriot Viper V760 Mechanical Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Patriot Viper V760 Mechanical Keyboard retails for $100 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Patriot Viper V760 Mechanical Keyboard retails for £80 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Patriot Viper V760 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Viper V760 Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA GFE members receive LawBreakers closed beta codes
- The new iMac Pro might feature server-grade co-processor
- AMD includes 'Gaming Mode' on Radeon Vega Frontier cards
- AMD Radeon Vega Frontier launches, with no reviews
- OnePlus 5 is now globally available
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- Intel SSD 5 545s 512GB SATA III SSD Review
- Patriot Viper V570 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller