The Surfboard AC1750 is a strong entry into the wireless router market for Arris. As a starting point, the build quality of this router is solid, the plastics both look good and offer durability. While many of the solutions that come through the lab are show pieces, it's nice to see a router that is simplistic in its design and pairs well with existing modem solutions from Arris. The front panel of this router is slightly glossy, but the white coloring dulls it out, so you don't get the normal dust and dirt showing as much, and the LEDs are quite bright especially in a dim lit room.
The performance of this router was below average on the wired side, with both LAN and WAN showing throughput results in the 700 to 800 Mbps range. On the wireless side, things picked up a bit as the Arris produced 2.4GHz performance right in line with comparable AC1750 solutions tested in the past. 5GHz performance was top notch for AC1750, as this router peaked out at 374 Mbps on the 80MHz width. Multi-User performance showed the Surfboard to do quite well with device connections increasing starting at 187 Mbps with a single connection and topping out at 248 Mbps with four. 5GHz flipped those results as the Surfboard hit 374 Mbps one on connection and 248 Mbps on four.
The Web GUI for the Arris is one of the cleanest and more user-friendly solutions I have used. The menu system is made up of tabs across the top that make navigation simple while adding to this is how snappy this interface is. In the four weeks I used this router for my home network solution, I was quite happy with the stability of the router. I had no issues with the router dropping out or locking up and it was able to keep up with my media streaming habits.
The Arris Surfboard SBR-AC1750 carries an MSRP of $129.99 with a two-year warranty.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||85%|
|Bundle and Packaging||80%|
|Value for Money||90%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||84%|
The Bottom Line: The Arris Surfboard AC1750 is a reliable workhorse for those wanting to get into the latest tech at a reasonable price.
PRICING: You can find the Arris Surfboard SBR-AC1750 Wireless Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Arris Surfboard SBR-AC1750 Wireless Router retails for $130 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Arris Surfboard AC1750]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Router Management]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Call of Duty set in WWII?
- Gionee launches A1 in India
- Samsung to disable charging on remaining Galaxy Note7s
- New Tekken 7 trailer shows off devastating combos
- Xiaomi Mi 6 and Mi 6 Plus pricing leaks
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- NZXT Kraken X42 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse