The Surfboard AC1750 is a strong entry into the wireless router market for Arris. As a starting point, the build quality of this router is solid, the plastics both look good and offer durability. While many of the solutions that come through the lab are show pieces, it's nice to see a router that is simplistic in its design and pairs well with existing modem solutions from Arris. The front panel of this router is slightly glossy, but the white coloring dulls it out, so you don't get the normal dust and dirt showing as much, and the LEDs are quite bright especially in a dim lit room.
The performance of this router was below average on the wired side, with both LAN and WAN showing throughput results in the 700 to 800 Mbps range. On the wireless side, things picked up a bit as the Arris produced 2.4GHz performance right in line with comparable AC1750 solutions tested in the past. 5GHz performance was top notch for AC1750, as this router peaked out at 374 Mbps on the 80MHz width. Multi-User performance showed the Surfboard to do quite well with device connections increasing starting at 187 Mbps with a single connection and topping out at 248 Mbps with four. 5GHz flipped those results as the Surfboard hit 374 Mbps one on connection and 248 Mbps on four.
The Web GUI for the Arris is one of the cleanest and more user-friendly solutions I have used. The menu system is made up of tabs across the top that make navigation simple while adding to this is how snappy this interface is. In the four weeks I used this router for my home network solution, I was quite happy with the stability of the router. I had no issues with the router dropping out or locking up and it was able to keep up with my media streaming habits.
The Arris Surfboard SBR-AC1750 carries an MSRP of $129.99 with a two-year warranty.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||85%|
|Bundle and Packaging||80%|
|Value for Money||90%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||84%|
The Bottom Line: The Arris Surfboard AC1750 is a reliable workhorse for those wanting to get into the latest tech at a reasonable price.
PRICING: You can find the Arris Surfboard SBR-AC1750 Wireless Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Arris Surfboard SBR-AC1750 Wireless Router retails for $130 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Arris Surfboard AC1750]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Router Management]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch accessories begin to get detailed
- 'Transformers 5' gets first trailer, explosions ensue
- PS4 Pro dev kit auctioned with 800GB of encrypted data
- 'Streets of Rage', 'Altered Beast' films on the way
- Hollywood to rent movies, 2 weeks after they hit cinemas
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand