Our Sequential read/write workload is centered on 128K transfer sizes.
Looking at our sequential test results for our RAID 0 arrays, we found the two drive array to top out around 450 MB/s read with write results managing to reach close to 500 MB/s.
Adding two drives for a total of four in RAID 0, the array performance almost doubled up to 850 - 900 MB/s write with read performance coming in at a touch over 800 MB/s. Adding four more drives bringing our total to eight drives our RAID 0 array touched upwards of 1650 MB/s read and 1750 MB/s write.
Moving on to our RAID 5, 6 and 10 arrays, we first start with RAID 10 with four drives reaching just over 800 MB/s read and 450 MB/s write. RAID 5 was able to touch north of 650 MB/s write with read performance coming in at 650 MB/s as well. RAID 6 was quite close to RAID 10 with read numbers touching 450 MB/s with write around 430 MB/s.
Touching on RAID 50, we find read performance touching very close to 1300 MB/s with write performance going over 1300 MB/s at 1320 MB/s. RAID 60 too was rather good, reaching just shy of 1000 MB/s write while read was just over 820 MB/s.
PRICING: You can find the Areca Technology ARC-1883i Eight-Port 12Gb/s SAS RAID Adapter for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Areca 1883i RAID Adapter]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Web Management]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - RAID Performance with ATTO]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Workloads]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SMB Workloads]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel next-gen Xeon: 59% faster, up to 6TB Optane RAM
- Facebook Live goes social with Live videos with friends
- OnePlus 5 will feature Snapdragon 835, confirms CEO
- Divinity Original Sin 2 launches this September
- Unity valued at $2.8 billion
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017