It has been awhile since we have had a Thunderbolt storage solution make its way through the lab. Luckily enough we have a few products in the house now and today we are starting up the MacBook to begin testing with the Promise Pegasus2 R2+.
The R2+ is the latest two-bay hardware RAID solution from Promise Technology. It carries a unique design that has the standard two bays for your 3.5" hard drives. It also utilizes a pod system for a third media bay that allows media professionals the ability to access media from sources such as SD and Compact Flash while swapping out to a 2.5" Pod allows access to your choice of SSD.
Each pod while using a SATA connection for the R2+ also houses a micro USB 3.0 connection so they can be turned into standalone solutions. Like the pods, the Pegasus unit itself is a dual connectivity solution, and while we will be focusing on Thunderbolt 2 in our testing, it is important to point out it does offer USB 3.0.
The specifications for the R2+ mention its two-bay plus one form factor while offering both Thunderbolt 2 and USB 3.0 connectivity. Pods all carry a 2.5" form factor and include options for SD and Compact Flash, SSD and HDD. RAID levels for the R2+ include 0 and 1 with two 3TB 7200RPM Hard Drives. Operating system compatibility extends to OS X 10.8.5 and higher along with Windows 7+.
PRICING: You can find the Promise Pegasus2 R2+ Thunderbolt 2 RAID 6TB Storage Unit for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni