Overclocking - Let's See How Far We Can Go
I tried pushing the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 950 AMP! Edition up by 100MHz on both the GPU core and RAM, but we had artifacts in Heaven. I scaled back down the overclock to 80MHz on the GPU and just 40MHz on the RAM, where we had total stability in all of our testing.
The ZOTAC GeForce GTX 950 AMP! Edition is the fastest GTX 950 we've got, so we weren't able to push it much higher, since it has already been factory overclocked. At stock, it's a few frames per second faster than the MSI GeForce GTX 950 Gaming 2G in nearly every single test, which is a testament to ZOTAC's kick ass cards. Does the OC help though? Take a look at our results below.
Metro: Last Light
3DMark Fire Strike Extreme - 1440p
Heaven - 1440p
Thanks to the Maxwell architecture, any of the GTX 900 series cards don't consume much power. Our entire LGA 2011 system was using just 175W with the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 950 AMP! Edition behind the wheel, and just 195W when we had our overclock stamped on it.
We even saw spikes of 225W in Metro: Last Light when we had our overclock applied, but for most of our OC testing, the power consumption stayed just under 200W.
Throughout the entire review process, the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 950 AMP! Edition didn't make a sound, but boy do the fans get loud when you manually have them at 100%.
PRICING: You can find the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 950 AMP! Edition for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ZOTAC GeForce GTX 950 AMP! Edition retails for $180 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ZOTAC GeForce GTX 950 AMP! Edition retails for £145 at Amazon UK.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 2K Games lays out five-year plan, wants one AAA a year
- ASUS hints dual camera in 1st official ZenFone 4 teaser
- Samsung reportedly decides on the Galaxy S9 screen size
- ASUS X399 ROG Zenith Extreme: ThreadRipper BEAST BOARD
- Intel CPU engineer leaves after 20 years
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4