As mentioned in the summary, the T16's big brother absolutely blew us away in testing. We rated the $25 speaker with a 95% score and plastered an Editors Choice award along with it. It provided to us punchy bass, loud sound and great projection alongside a great stylish exterior.
The T16 now has a lot to live up to, even though it's a singular speaker. The speaker inside is the same as one of the two incorporated into the T12, but the T16 comes with a handy carry case, different charging system, and a different design. Read on to find out our thoughts on this product.
The T16 contains a single 3W speaker in order to deliver you music or phone call audio. This drivers has a frequency response of 80Hz - 20KHz, which is a slightly larger range than offered with the previously, reviewed T12.
Connectible to your device of choice through Bluetooth 2.1 class 2 or 3.5mm AUX options, this product measures 2.52 x 2.52 x 2.64 (inch) and weighs in at 6.88 ounces. The 400mAH 3.7V internal battery will provide you with a claimed 7 hours of playback time, however, I would say that this is for AUX only and the Bluetooth playback to be closer to 4.5 hours in total.
Charged through mini-USB, this device comes with a supplied cable, which is an improvement on the T12 that came with an outdated wall charger (who does that anymore?).
Pricing & Availability
Yet again well priced, the Etekcity Roverbeats T16 will set you back a minuscule $16.99 plus shipping costs from Amazon. You really can't complain with that! The first step to making this speaker great in my eyes is this price point.
What's in the box?
Complete with a cool little carry couch, carabiner clip, 3.5mm AUX cable and mini-USB charging cable, this speaker comes with a great package for the low $16.99 price point. It's a real shame that it comes with a mini-USB connection and not a micro-USB, this is quite annoying given you're likely to have a micro-USB laying around in order to charge many other products.
The AUX and charging cables are of adequate length and ensured I breathed a sigh of relief when untangled. Many companies are providing ridiculous 2-inch charging and AUX cables giving you no room to adapt or move and ensuring pain when trying to charge or play music through your newly purchased product.
There's an included anti-skid pad attached to the bottom of the frame and also a neoprene-style carry case included with a carabiner clip attached for use. This is always a great inclusion in my books as I feel all accessories that will be constantly on the move should feature a carry case - this one also allows you to play music while within the safety of its holder.
PRICING: You can find the Etekcity RoverBeats T16 Wireless Mobile Speaker for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Etekcity RoverBeats T16 Wireless Mobile Speaker retails for $16.99 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZTE launches Blade MAX 3: Available in the US for $200
- Kingdom Hearts 3 may release in 2019
- Google Pixel 2 devices to feature Snapdragon 835
- Fisker to unveil their new electric car in August
- New Friday the 13th game slashes PC, consoles this May
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family