The product in this review is the actual back panel case and stock stand that comes as a package, the whole Patriot FUEL iON series features a plethora of different charging accessories which I will be releasing in future reviews, however, this specific review will cover the case which you need to install in order for any of the accessories to be functional.
There is certainly a wide range of Samsung Galaxy S4 cases available these days. Does the magnetic charging function help set it apart from the rest enough to justify the purchase? Read on to find out.
This back panel will completely replace the standard Samsung Galaxy S4 offering, connecting to your device through two little metal prongs that stick into an awaiting socket on the inside of the device. This connection is then wired to a strong magnetic backplate connection on the outside of the cover, helping you securely fix your device onto any metal object.
Thanks to the magnetic connection, you can charge your device at any angle (as long as the connection is continued), meaning that there is no issue of cables or sockets breaking when plugged in and removed.
The stand itself outputs a 1A 5V charge rating, weighs in at 0.33 lbs and measures 3.1" (D) x 2.2" (W) x 4.1" (H). The solid base features a large non-slip rubber surface and gathers its electrical output through a regular micro-USB cable input. I have also tested this product with third-party cables with success.
If you're worried about safety, the charging stand has in-built surge protection and provides charging speeds exactly as seen through a direct cable-to-phone connection.
Pricing & Availability
The price-point for phone cases is always a very argued talking point. There's a plethora of random import cases that can be bought off various websites and local market stalls for next-to-nothing, however, for something of great purpose and quality, I think the $49 with free shipping price listed on Amazon is a reasonable.
What's in the box?
Featuring an extremely simple package containing a user manual, charging cable, charging stand and the case itself, the product as a whole is very well presented and looks neat.
If you're wanting to pack up this product and send it to a mate, you should really just forget it. It's not always that you're going to be putting technology products back into their box, this is one of those that doesn't fit back easily at all.
PRICING: You can find the FUEL iON Samsung S4 Magnetic Wireless Charging System for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft had hoped for 200 million Xbox One sales
- Man walks into Apple Store, destroys Macs, iPhones
- Battlefield 1's new screenshots look digitally delicious
- Deep Silver will publish Kingdom Come: Deliverance
- How you can reel in high pay as a software tester
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now