The X99-Gaming G1 WIFI is packed with features to brim, many of them are unique to GIGABYTE as well. The first is their audio section, which not only uses high quality components, but is also customizable; something I haven't seen on any other board. The aesthetics of the X99-Gaming G1 WIFI are also pretty impressive, especially if you like red. You have LEDs on the underside of the PCB lighting up the PCB divide, LEDs in the PCH heat sink, an IO panel that lights up, and to top it all off, you can change the lighting mode, which is really cool.
While most of us might not benefit from any of these things, when I was first getting into building and overclocking, these types of things are what I looked for in a motherboard. Looking at the hardware, it is all pretty top notch; however, I would rather not see USB 3.0 hubs.
The latest BIOS update also fixed the USB drive booting issue for me, which provides me the ability to recommend the board to users, as the BIOS is now in working condition and provides some great features and customizability. If you are afraid of flashing the BIOS, you shouldn't be with this board, I would say it is basically impossible to brick the board from a BIOS flash with all the new recovery technology GIGABYTE has implemented.
Overall, performance was solid, nothing groundbreaking, but solid. The addition of the wireless AC/BT4.0 card is great, and performance is pretty good. Thermals were outstanding, maybe even a tad better than the SOC series I have tested. The price of the board is on the high-side at $324.87; it is one of the more pricey X99 motherboards, but then again every feature packed motherboard carries the same price premium. The X99-Gaming G1 WIFI packs 4-way multi-GPU capability, M.2, SATA Express, OC features, crazy LED lighting, Core3Di customizable audio, dual NICs, up to 12x USB 3.0 ports, and AC WIFI into a package that doesn't utilize as much switching hardware as you might expect, leading to solid performance at a reasonable price.
If you want a feature packed board with some pretty unique abilities, check out the GIGABYTE X99-Gaming G1 WIFI.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE X99-Gaming G1 WIFI (Intel X99) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Performance (including Overclocking)||90%|
|Quality including Design and Build||95%|
|Bundle and Packaging||92%|
|Value for Money||90%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||93%|
The Bottom Line: GIGABYTE's X99-Gaming G1 WIFI packs a plethora of features into a package that doesn't compromise speed for bandwidth, leading to solid performance at a reasonable price.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the X99-Gaming G1 WIFI]
- Page 3 [X99-Gaming G1 WIFI Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard working on new mobile games
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White: dual-slot GTX 1080 Ti
- The Division receives loadout feature in PTR patch
- CliffyB: AAA games in a 'weird spot', VR in '80s' period
- GDDR6 is coming to high-end GPUs in early 2018
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club