Quoted on their website as the "world's most versatile home speaker" and on the box as "the world's more talented speaker," obviously high expectations are to be met from the get-go. Featuring an IPX5 water resistance rating, a handy hook and stand combo, alongside a 10-hour playback rating, this speaker packs everything that you would expect and more - so how does it perform?
If you're really unable to get away from music, the Braven Mira has been marketed for shower use - a little creepy maybe, but certainly cool. This also means that you can use it without worry in the wind and rain, hopefully cheering up a failed picnic attempt or birthday party.
Featuring a combination of rubber coating and metal (brushed and painted), this sturdy product holds 10 hours worth of Bluetooth playback within, meaning an AUX 3.5mm connection should see this extended to around 12 hours, as an estimation.
Connectible to your device of choice through Bluetooth and 3.5mm options, the Braven Mira hides all of these workings away behind a double sealed rubber flap, helping keep the water resistant rating high.
As according to the definition, IPX5 water resistance means that your product will withstand an onslaught from "water projected by a nozzle (6.3 mm) against enclosure from any direction shall have no harmful effects," at a pressure of 30kPa and a distance of 3m.
Charged through Micro-USB only, this device takes a 5A input as seen with almost all speaker brands. Unfortunately for Braven, this speaker's bigger brother, the BRV-X, takes a wall-supplied DC input only, which kills much of the practicality of the product.
Included are the general options of using this product as a smartphone loudspeaker, alongside providing you with your volume up and down, and song skip buttons tied into one. Another notable feature is the ability for this product to charge in 2-4 hours, as quoted in the owner's guide.
Pricing & Availability
So, we've talked the speaker up quite a bit so far and eluded that it may sound pretty great, but what does it cost? If you're quick and snap up one of the few remaining, you can get this product for an absolute steal at $54 from Amazon at the time of writing. The normal recommended retail pricing is $100 and that's good enough for us, $54 is just ludicrous!
What's in the box?
Packed complete with a water-resistant carry pouch, unfortunately our model didn't come with one of these, so we cannot test it for you. However, you do receive the general inclusions of a USB charging cable, a three-ringed AUX cable for audio and microphone capabilities, and the general owner's guide.
There are no clips or hangers needed as the Braven Mira comes with one built in to the structure. This handy hook can either be used to hand the product off something, or can be used to prop the speaker upright for optimum sound.
Something is to be said for the 3.5mm auxiliary cable. Most companies will give you a 4-6 inch tiny cable that will often see you purchasing a third-party option in order to get your music fix. Thankfully, Braven has included a much longer cable with this device, giving you around three times the length as commonly seen.
PRICING: You can find the Braven Mira Portable Wireless Speaker for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Braven Mira Portable Wireless Speaker retails for $54.07 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [A Closer Look and Listening Experience]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni