ASRock is a well-known company who specializes in motherboard design and manufacturing, bringing to market some of the most insane motherboard designs ever seen usually designated with "Extreme11".
Today, I have one of those crazy-awesome motherboards, the X99 WS-E/10G. This thing is a monster; it carries more silicon than three other motherboards combined, it has four NICs (including two at 10Gbit speeds), twelve SATA ports, and seven PCI-E 16x slots.
This has to be the most feature packed motherboards in existence, and today I will explore the X99 WS-E/10G. Let's get started!
This is one of the longest specification lists I have ever seen for a motherboard. While you skim it for all the good stuff like dual PLX bridges and the Intel X540 10G controller, notice the little asterisks pointing out where bandwidth is shared.
On many loaded boards everything is shared, but not on this board. Surprisingly these asterisks are not as common as you would think, only a few SATA ports share bandwidth, and that is a chipset limitation which ASRock deals with very well.
At $670 on Newegg, the X99 WS-E/10G is possibly the most expensive X99 motherboard, yet it also has more features than any X99 motherboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the X99 WS-E/10G]
- Page 3 [X99 WS-E/10G Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [The BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Surgeon Simulator ER is out on Steam and PSVR
- ESA extends ISS participation to 2024
- AMD Radeon GPU tech will power Intel's next-gen iGPUs
- Titanfall 2 infographic reveal interesting information
- Apple's new MacBook Pro has crappy battery life
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand