ASRock is a well-known company who specializes in motherboard design and manufacturing, bringing to market some of the most insane motherboard designs ever seen usually designated with "Extreme11".
Today, I have one of those crazy-awesome motherboards, the X99 WS-E/10G. This thing is a monster; it carries more silicon than three other motherboards combined, it has four NICs (including two at 10Gbit speeds), twelve SATA ports, and seven PCI-E 16x slots.
This has to be the most feature packed motherboards in existence, and today I will explore the X99 WS-E/10G. Let's get started!
This is one of the longest specification lists I have ever seen for a motherboard. While you skim it for all the good stuff like dual PLX bridges and the Intel X540 10G controller, notice the little asterisks pointing out where bandwidth is shared.
On many loaded boards everything is shared, but not on this board. Surprisingly these asterisks are not as common as you would think, only a few SATA ports share bandwidth, and that is a chipset limitation which ASRock deals with very well.
At $670 on Newegg, the X99 WS-E/10G is possibly the most expensive X99 motherboard, yet it also has more features than any X99 motherboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the X99 WS-E/10G]
- Page 3 [X99 WS-E/10G Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [The BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Project CARS 2 latest screenshots look amazing
- BlackBerry announces KEYone, with Pixel's camera sensor
- Genesis Alpha One is the 80s sci-fi game I always wanted
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications