There are many dual processor workstation motherboards to choice from; some just get the job done, and others like the Z10PE-D8 WS do it in style. The new Intel Haswell-EP CPUs and C612 Chipset bring a lot of processing power to the table, and ASUS has taken these new systems, and designed an elegant solution that can fit into many high-end workstation applications.
The Z10PE-D8 WS motherboard is what every enthusiast dreams of running, and it does not let you down. The new colour scheme ASUS uses with light and dark grey sockets and motherboard, make this board look really nice. Throw in gold colored heat sinks, which give it nice contrast and added appeal, and you really have a looker.
We think many users would like to water cool this motherboard and video cards, and install them in a nice big-widowed case to show everything off. Yes, it looks that nice. However, looks are not everything, so let's get this board running, and see how it performs. First, let's look at the retail package to see exactly what you get.
Here we are looking at the front of the retail box for the Z10PE-D8 WS. Just like other ASUS products, the retail box looks very nice. The retail box is colored with a flat black ink that seems to scuff up a little with handling.
Here we see the back of the retail box. The back of the box has plenty of information about the motherboard, so you can get a good overview of what features the Z10PE-D8 WS contains. The text is rather small, and hard to read in some cases, as they include a lot of information here.
After flipping up the outer sleeve display panel, we can see the information shown. As we have said before, the retail packages for ASUS motherboards are very nice; the high quality and overall appeal makes for a professional display on retail shelves.
When you open the box for the first time, the very first thing you see is the motherboard. The motherboard is sitting in a white cardboard tray that lifts right out to provide access to the next compartment.
After lifting out the motherboard tray, we see the accessory compartments. These are two side-by-side compartments that hold all of the accessories. Below, you will find the full breakdown of all the accessories that are included in the retail package. Accessories listed on the ASUS website:
- User's manual (our package did not come with a user's manual)
- I/O Shield
- 1x COM port cable(s)
- 12x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
- 1x 3-Way SLI bridge(s)
- 1x 4-Way SLI bridge(s)
- 1x SLI bridge(s)
- 1x two-port USB 2.0 module(s)
- 1x VGA bracket(s)
Here we have the accessories that came in our retail box all laid out.
The two driver disks included with our Z10PE-D8 WS are:
- C61x Server Support DVD Rev 5.0 -this includes all of the drivers you will need to do a fresh install
- S566 ASWM Enterprise SDVD Durian Edition Rev 5.0 - the enterprise drivers are located on this disk
PRICING: You can find the ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Z10PE-D8 WS retails for $630.31 at Amazon.
Canada: The Z10PE-D8 WS retails for CDN$768.97 at Amazon Canada.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD teases 8K graphics workload on Radeon RX Vega
- AMD launches dual-GPU Radeon Pro Duo with 32GB of GDDR5
- Dawn of War III PC Steam deals are up to 25% off
- Colorful announces iGame GTX 1080 Ti Vulcan X OC
- What Zelda: Breath of the Wild would look like on NES
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club