The Listening Experience
I didn't expect much from the $50 headset, but I was really quite surprised at how well the Cronos performed when I was playing games. My game of choice Battlefield 4, which sounded really quite crisp and tight.
Rockets whizzing past, bullets hitting my chopper and all sorts - all of which sounded great. Everything was nice and tight, very clear, and a surprising amount of bass for a headset this cheap. Sure, we could've had better, but it's under $50, folks.
I listened to quite a lot of music on the Cronos, with tracks like Psy's 'Gentlemen' having a really defined bass track. Even on a $50 headset, this sounded great - a very, very nice surprise. Hans Zimmer's work on the 'Inception' score was also a nice highlight, with nice highs with the trumpets in the background, and more of Zimmer's work with 'Man of Steel' sounded just as good. The Chronos definitely punches far past its own weight.
What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts
For those who want to sum up the entire review in a few points, the What's Hot and What's Not part of my review will help you. Skip right to this bit if you want a quick read, or if you want to find out what I found to be the most notable parts of the Cronos, we're going to jump into that right now.
Fold Flat Design: This is a great part of the Cronos, as it makes it perfect for LAN gamers. Not just that, but travelers, or those who commute to work or school on public transport.
Super Soft Headband: The Tt eSPORTS Cronos was really quite soft on my head, even after a few hours of gaming or listening to music.
Great Price: $50. This really is the biggest point here, is the Cronos' price. It's one of the best value PC gaming headsets, that's for sure.
Convenient Volume Control: Another part of the Cronos experience that I didn't expect, but hey - it's there! Volume control and mic on/off buttons on the cord make things much easier to manage.
More Comfort?: While the Cronos was comfortable, it could've been more comfortable. I found myself really irritated after a few hours, but while I was gaming I was engrossed so much that I didn't notice it. Sitting here typing or watching a movie, I could feel it clamping down on my head a bit, though.
Tt eSPORTS has smashed it out of the ballpark once again when it comes to PC gaming headsets, and while this might not be the absolute best gaming headset you can buy, it damn well is when it comes to price.
For $50, you're getting one of the best headsets in its class, so for budget-minded gamers who are after a new headset, this is definitely the one that should be right up the top of your to-buy list. Ramping up into Christmas, this is the perfect gift for that gaming partner, friend, son or daughter. $50 won't break the bank, and they'll love you for it.
PRICING: You can find the Tt eSPORTS Cronos Gaming Headset Black HT-CRO008ECBL for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Performance (Sound Quality)||90%|
|Quality including Design and Build||85%|
|Bundle and Packaging||75%|
|Value for Money||95%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||87%|
The Bottom Line: Tt eSPORTS has released what I'm happy to call the best-value PC gaming headset on the market. The Cronos is a great headset with an amazing $50 price tag, with just some minor flaws.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Unikrn expands into Vegas, acquires eSports firm LEET
- Nintendo reveals foldable New 2DS XL for $149
- AMD's new Ryzen Balanced Power Plan drivers are here
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives