Today we are going to look at the ASRock EP2C612D16FM dual-socket motherboard that is ready to run the new Haswell-EP processors and DDR4.
We have in the lab the newly released Haswell-EP processors and DDR4 ready to roll with this motherboard. ASRock Rack is releasing its new EP2C612D16FM motherboard, which is geared to handle a large amount of storage devices on a small form factor, dual-socket platform.
The EP2C612D16FM is designed to fit into a case that has the main storage bays up front, and includes a series of four edge connectors that make connecting to the backplane simple and clean. We have not yet seen what these new systems will look like fully assembled, but this design does look promising, and should make a nice compact system that allows more drives to be installed in front bays.
Here we have the block diagram of how this motherboard is laid out. The Haswell-EP platform can handle 40 PCIe lanes, and as you can see on this motherboard, these are used to connect to the four edge connectors at the front of the motherboard. The Mezzanine expansion slot is geared for additional network expansion. The C612 chipset feeds plenty of USB and SATA ports to support a large array of storage devices. Let's get started by looking at the ASRock EP2C612D16FM motherboard.
Here we can see the front of the retail box. The EP2C612D16FM motherboard comes with a simple retail box that can be used for many different types of motherboards. We think the white box under the word "Workstation" will eventually have a product description, or a label of some kind placed on the outer area.
The back of the retail box is also of a generic type.
We get our first look at the contents of the retail box for the EP2C612D16FM motherboard. The kit provides all the cables needed to connect this motherboard to your devices.
Opening the retail box, we can see the accessories on the top. The parts list for the retail box is as follows:
- ASRock Rack EP2C612D16FM / EP2C612D16FM-N Motherboard (ATX Form Factor: 12.0-in x 10.5-in, 30.5 cm x 26.7 cm)
- Support CD
- User Manual
- 4 x SATA3 Cables (50cm)
- 2 x MiniSAS Cables(6G) (60cm)
- 1 x I/O Shield
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter XX coming to Nintendo Switch
- Destiny 2 uses hybrid servers, P2P and peer-to-client
- Dreamcast's Seaman game is getting a sequel
- Only 37% of active PS4 users bought PS Plus
- Capcom wants to resurrect old IPs
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017