With the Samsung EVO SD solutions being focused towards users wanting capacity, we switch gears over to the Pro series, which is looking to take the top spots in our charts.
The Samsung Pro series of SD and microSD are focused towards the power user wanting top notch performance in high speed photo shoots and video. Marketing specifications for these cards include 90 MB/s reads and 80 MB/s writes, and feature both UHS I and Speed Class 10 designations.
MSRP for both the SD and microSD Samsung Pro in the 64GB capacity is set at $79.99 with a ten-year warranty.
Packaging for the Pro carries the capacity in large print. Down below, we have marketing specifications, along with Speed Class 10 and UHS I designations.
The Samsung Pro 64GB SD card carries a silver and white design. The capacity is listed in large print next to the Pro branding.
The Samsung Pro microSD solution comes with an included adapter for those with card readers. The design follows closely to that of the standard SD card with silver and white aesthetic.
Both the SD and microSD Samsung Pro in the 64GB capacity is factory formatted with the exFAT file system. The usable capacity after formatting is 59.5GB.
Our first set of testing includes the Samsung Pro 64GB SD card. As you can see, we were able to exceed marketing by a slight margin. Results came in at 93 MB/s read and 81 MB/s write.
The microSD Samsung Pro achieved similar performance, coming in at 90 MB/s read and 80 MB/s write.
Price/performance for the Samsung Pro 64GB SD made it our top UHS I class card at 78%.
Moving over to the microSD solution, the Samsung Pro took top honors in our chart as the best solution in price/performance.
While the Samsung EVO line of solutions was great for entry-level users, the Pro series tested here today is a top notch offering. The build quality of these products is great, featuring Samsung's life proof design and ten-year warranty.
Performance of each solution tested was superb. We were able to exceed marketing just slightly with the SD solution, while the microSD solution came in at 90 MB/s read and 80 MB/s write, right on the marketing specifications.
Price/performance for these cards put the SD solution at the top of the UHS I solutions, while the microSD solution managed to take top honors from the Strontium Nitro.
PRICING: You can find the Samsung Pro 64GB microSD memory card for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Samsung Pro 64GB microSD memory card retails for $59.99 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple rumored to consider purchasing Disney
- In Win launches X-Frame 2.0, tou 2.0 Signature chassis
- Uber suspends self-driving car tech after Arizona crash
- GIGABYTE's new Z270X-Designare looks absolutely AMAZING
- Set sail with 'Moana' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway!
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Just finished my PC-011 Build
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse