With the Samsung EVO SD solutions being focused towards users wanting capacity, we switch gears over to the Pro series, which is looking to take the top spots in our charts.
The Samsung Pro series of SD and microSD are focused towards the power user wanting top notch performance in high speed photo shoots and video. Marketing specifications for these cards include 90 MB/s reads and 80 MB/s writes, and feature both UHS I and Speed Class 10 designations.
MSRP for both the SD and microSD Samsung Pro in the 64GB capacity is set at $79.99 with a ten-year warranty.
Packaging for the Pro carries the capacity in large print. Down below, we have marketing specifications, along with Speed Class 10 and UHS I designations.
The Samsung Pro 64GB SD card carries a silver and white design. The capacity is listed in large print next to the Pro branding.
The Samsung Pro microSD solution comes with an included adapter for those with card readers. The design follows closely to that of the standard SD card with silver and white aesthetic.
Both the SD and microSD Samsung Pro in the 64GB capacity is factory formatted with the exFAT file system. The usable capacity after formatting is 59.5GB.
Our first set of testing includes the Samsung Pro 64GB SD card. As you can see, we were able to exceed marketing by a slight margin. Results came in at 93 MB/s read and 81 MB/s write.
The microSD Samsung Pro achieved similar performance, coming in at 90 MB/s read and 80 MB/s write.
Price/performance for the Samsung Pro 64GB SD made it our top UHS I class card at 78%.
Moving over to the microSD solution, the Samsung Pro took top honors in our chart as the best solution in price/performance.
While the Samsung EVO line of solutions was great for entry-level users, the Pro series tested here today is a top notch offering. The build quality of these products is great, featuring Samsung's life proof design and ten-year warranty.
Performance of each solution tested was superb. We were able to exceed marketing just slightly with the SD solution, while the microSD solution came in at 90 MB/s read and 80 MB/s write, right on the marketing specifications.
Price/performance for these cards put the SD solution at the top of the UHS I solutions, while the microSD solution managed to take top honors from the Strontium Nitro.
PRICING: You can find the Samsung Pro 64GB microSD memory card for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Samsung Pro 64GB microSD memory card retails for $59.99 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Minecraft boss becomes Xbox boss, replacing Phil Spencer
- Ubisoft says that the PC is the 'superior' gaming platform
- Samsung 4TB SSD teased, will cost a mighty $1900
- Samsung starts producing 16-gigabit GDDR6 for next-gen GPUs
- PUBG patched on PC, fixes performance in large-scale fights
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series