Introduction and Specifications
LUXA2 has a great track record of mobile batteries, ranging from the smallest and slimmest batteries you can find to the "World's Largest Power Station" with the incredible P-MEGA 41,600mAh Power Station, which we awarded our Editor's Choice Award in our review.
Since then, LUXA2 has been keeping me busy with the various devices it has been sending me. I received a new box of goodies a couple of weeks ago, but I had to move houses, so the review was delayed by around two weeks. However, this gave me the chance to get the EnerG battery charged up, and I used it through my days of moving without a physical power point.
The LUXA2 EnerG 8,800mAh Portable Battery Bank includes a Carrying Pouch in the box, the usual Quick Start Guide, the EnerG 8,800mAh charger itself, and a USB to micro-USB. The charger has two USB ports, with one a 5V/2.1A port and the other a 5V/1A port. Charging the EnerG battery up takes a little while longer, as it has an input of just 5V1A.
The new EnerG range comes in three sizes: a 10,400mAh model, the 8,800mAh model we're reviewing today, and the smaller 6,600mAh model. One of the astounding things about the LUXA2 EnerG 8,800mAh Portable Battery Bank is its price...it's just $24.99. At this price, it quickly shoots up to one of the most bang-for-buck batteries on the market that doesn't look ugly.
Using the EnerG 8,800mAh Portable Battery Bank
The LUXA2 EnerG 8,800mAh Portable Battery Bank looks beautiful, as one would expect from LUXA2. There's a stunning finish on it, with a beautiful silver and black color scheme that really stands out. There's also four LED status indicators on the side of the battery that show you how much charge you have left.
Charging up and using the LUXA2 EnerG charger is simple, as with most portable batteries. With 8,800mAh of charge, I was able to juice up my daily driver Nexus 5 smartphone over four times, which is incredible. Considering the size, just 138mm x 59mm x 22.5mm, it fits in your pocket without a problem. This is one of the main points of the new EnerG chargers: they're quite slim and are capable of being taken around with you anywhere you go.
Being able to take a massive 8,800mAh of mobile battery around with me was a great feeling, as I was able to top my Nexus 5 up throughout the day. Not only that, but I had my Google Glass with me, ensuring both of my devices were constantly charged up. All of this was done from the comfort of my pocket.
Right down to the power button, LUXA2 has made sure that the look of the EnerG range of chargers is superbly detailed.
Stylish Design, As Usual: LUXA2 has upped the ante on what a great charger can look like. There's not much room to move on a mobile battery, but LUXA2's design team has struck gold with the EnerG chargers.
Beauty Has Never Been So Cheap: At just $24.99, getting an 8,800mAh battery has never been an easier choice. At this price, one would expect a cheap no-brand device, or a branded device with under 5,000mAh of charge. This is not the case with the LUXA2 EnerG 8,800mAh charger.
Its Thin Design Means Ultra Portability: Toting around 8,800mAh of battery in my pocket is something I thought I wouldn't do without my pockets feeling like they're going to pop, but this wasn't a problem with the EnerG charger.
This is where I usually write about what is not great about the device, but there's nothing that comes to mind. I could really nitpick here and want more power or something smaller, but I'd be complaining just for the sake of it.
LUXA2 has something truly special here. In a world of so many competitors, it has stayed at the top of its game once again with the new EnerG range.
For just $24.99, LUXA2 has really changed things in the world of mobile batteries. Even if it were priced at $40-$50, I would still have nothing but great things to say about it, but at under $25, it really is an insanely priced mobile solution.
It has quick charging, two USB ports, beautiful styling, it's thin--what else could you want? If you're in the market for a new mobile battery, for yourself or someone who wants something that looks stylish, you should seriously consider what LUXA2 has with its new EnerG range of mobile chargers.
PRICING: You can find the LUXA2 EnerG (8,800mAh) for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The LUXA2 EnerG (8,800mAh) retails for $29.99 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel rocked to its Core over Ryzen, price drops begin
- Corsair's Lighting Node Pro: taking control of your LEDs
- Project CARS 2 latest screenshots look amazing
- BlackBerry announces KEYone, with Pixel's camera sensor
- Genesis Alpha One is the 80s sci-fi game I always wanted
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications