Introduction of the GIGABYTE Z97X-UD5H
Step by step, we're working our way through the line of Z97 motherboards that we have received in the last couple of weeks. We started out our look with the ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1, which was then followed by a look at the ASRock Z97 Extreme4.
After looking at those two, we got a chance to check out the MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC, which carried with it a bigger price tag than the other two but an awesome set of features. Having taken a look at options from ASUS, ASRock, and MSI, it seemed the next logical step would be GIGABYTE.
At the moment, we're sitting on a pair of GIGABYTE Z97 motherboards. The particular one we're going to be looking at today, though, is part of the popular Ultra Durable series. The Z97X-UD5H follows the UD5H name that we've seen before and has always impressed us. The UD5H line of boards tend to offer good performance at a good price point. We're hoping today that the trend continues with the Z97X-UD5H.
We don't really need to say much more here as we've already spoken about the Z97 chipset a bit. If you want to learn more about it, then I recommend you head over to our first Z97 review (ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1). If you've already had a chance to look at that, though, then let's just move forward and see what's going on with the bundle of the Z97X-UD5H today.
Package - What comes inside the box
Taking a look at the black and gold themed box, you can see there's not too much going on with the front. We've got a big Ultra Durable logo along with the brand across the top and model across the bottom. Apart from a couple more logos, there's not much going on. Turning the box over, you can see we've got a picture of the motherboard and some of the main features being highlighted. We'll take a closer look at all of this when we look at the board on the next page.
Across the bottom of the box, you can see a picture of the I/O panel, but again, we'll take a closer look at that on the next page. As for the left side, you can see a list of the main features that are offered, including mentions of the All New Heatsink Design, Gold Plated CPU Socket, Black Solid Caps, DualBIOS, and 2x Copper PCB.
Moving inside the package, we see it's a fairly standard bundle. Across the top, you can see our main pieces of paperwork along with a Driver CD. On the right hand side, you can see four SATA cables, with the I/O plate, the SLI bridge, and an Ultra Durable sticker all being seen to the left.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0 & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA's purported Volta-based TITAN Xv spotted
- Joss Wheddon taking over 'Justice League' directing duty
- Red Dead Redemption 2 delay causes stock dive
- Destiny 2 on PC: no dedicated servers
- Red Dead Redemption 2 delayed to Spring 2018
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning